Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
You can click Post on the lower right side of the Newest Posts block to see all the posts chronologically.

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Please Help Me
Guest_
Thank you Aspirant for your well wishes.

My boy receives his MSc in Financial Mathematics. He is a willing helper and would be glad to assist you within his limits!

To your question, indeed Glot is the best person to answer it.

As for the word game, you too have pretty strong vocabulary and are invited to participate.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2007/6/28 19:05
Create PDF from Post Print

Home away from home
From Taipei
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 27
HP : 0 / 674
MP : 333 / 35856
EXP : 96
Hi Aspirant,

Actually I'm not a qualified person to answer such theoretical questions in a well organized way. International trade was not my major when I was in school though I've been working in the field for quite a few years. I'm but an ordinary merchant knowing how to distribute my products into a targeted market and how to perform smoothly the purchase/sale contracts attained from my overseas customers and suppliers. I really don't know what The Law of Comparative Advantage is and neither can I tell the pro-and-con details about free trade or arguments on trade restrictions.

I believe your questions are of fundamental knowledge in international trade. I'm sure you can easily find their answers in an entry-leveled textbook outlining what international trade is about.

Sorry for not being able to render a materialized help.

Posted on: 2007/6/29 0:09

Guest_
Hello Aspirant

To answer your question requires the writing of a chapter or a book on trade.

Glot is correct in that you could lay your hands on text books that are written about International Trade.

However, the following links may help you in your paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_trade_area
http://www.unc.edu/depts/econ/byrns_web/Economicae/Essays/ABS_Comp_Adv.htm
http://www.faculty.uaf.edu/ffjal/BA151/Chap003.html
http://ecedweb.unomaha.edu/lessons/foegactivity1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_trade

Good luck!

Posted on: 2007/6/29 19:09

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 2307
EXP : 86
Mr Glotynn and Geoette, Sirs.

Thank you very much for taking precious time to answer my question.

The International Trade question was put to me by my cousin in Western Australia. She will also be pursuing a course in economics at the Curtin Business School, a division of Curtin University of Technology. I have since relayed to her what you gentlemen have said about the question and am taking the easy way out. I apologize if I had troubled the both of you.

Mr Geoette, you must be a proud father to have a son whom I think will be very successful in life. Is he continuing with his doctorate? Once again, my heartiest congratulations. By the way, is it convenient for you to reveal your profession?

Thank you once again, gentlemen.

Best regards.

Posted on: 2007/7/5 11:52

Home away from home
From Taipei
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 27
HP : 0 / 674
MP : 333 / 35856
EXP : 96
Hi Aspirant,

You're welcome! You did not bother me at all.
Please have all my best wishes for your upcoming studying career in the States.

Posted on: 2007/7/5 17:29

Guest_
Hi Aspirant

No trouble at all. Only my fingers did the job.

As a parent, the responsibility for my son’s education is complete. He will commence employment Monday next, hence will not pursue a Ph.D; at least for now. Besides, I do not have a deep enough pocket to sponsor a doctorate program which will take another two years. As it is, my children’s (three of them) education had already cost me a fortune.

My past employment had been most illustrious and satisfying. But right now, I am jobless! My country, unlike the USA, Canada, parts of Europe and Australia, do not practise ‘free handouts’ for the unemployed. So, I have to spend with caution, my hard earned savings for the rest of my life.

Ha ha! Do you have a job for me, Aspirant?

Cheers.

Posted on: 2007/7/7 11:46

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 2307
EXP : 86
Mr Glotynn & Geoette, Sirs

Thank you once again Mr Glotynn for your well wishes. I will have to work doubly hard to achieve my goals.

Mr Geoette must be kidding me for a job (laugh).

It’s amazing that your son acts so swiftly. Just a fortnight ago, he receives his degree and is now gainfully employed! Simply incredible. I wish I was him. Please convey my best wishes to him for a bright future.

Whilst here, I have another question that needs help. Gentlemen, please!

” Ever since the successful launch of euro notes and coins, the spotlight has been turned on the three European Union members which remain outside the euro area. Explain why Britain, Sweden and Denmark, are still not in the Euro Zone despite retailers in all three countries accept the Euro. “

Best regards.

Posted on: 2007/7/12 17:29

Guest_
Hi Aspirant

Trading compliments with you, my son expresses praise and admiration for your entry into The University of Chicago. He sends his regards and best wishes, in which I join him.

To your “EURO” question, perhaps it may be termed the ‘Euro Creep’. Try the internet to see if you can find any answers.

Cheers.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 23:12

« 1 2 3 (4)

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.