Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
All messages are logged in the chatroom?

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

记住更多的单词
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 3
HP : 0 / 70
MP : 8 / 3540
EXP : 83
most time i learn the words by heart,but very fast i'll lose it ,who can help me to remember more new words, i don't know how

Posted on: 2008/10/7 16:45
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: 记住更多的单词
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 6
HP : 0 / 145
MP : 21 / 7764
EXP : 82

I'd like to help you, but I need more time to find out some tips for you. Be patient, please.

Posted on: 2008/10/12 7:12

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 3
HP : 0 / 70
MP : 8 / 3540
EXP : 83
thank u

Posted on: 2008/10/15 9:51

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

solshy wrote:
most time i learn the words by heart,but very fast i'll lose it ,who can help me to remember more new words, i don't know how

http://okenglish.tw/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=193&forum=24&post_id=548#forumpost548

Posted on: 2008/11/1 16:09

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Improving Active Vocabulary

Active vocabulary is used to express our thoughts and ideas whereas passive vocabulary is used to understand and comprehend what we read from context clues and inferences.

You can develop a personalized list of words you want to learn to use, perhaps add just one or two each day. Here are seven steps for improving your active vocabulary.

1. Find new words in context
Be alert for "good" words, they can be found everywhere: television, newspapers, magazines, textbooks, lectures, conversations, etc. Get out of your rut and deliberately expose yourself to new environments, new experiences or new books. Read parts of magazines and newspapers you normally skip. Try joining in on classmates' discussions.

2. Carry a pen and a notebook
Keep a small notebook or note cards handy at all times and jot down new words with their contexts as you find them. You can look them up and learn all about them later.

3. Personalize your dictionary
Every time you have to look up a word in your dictionary, mark a small dot or date in the margin beside the word. If you do this regularly, it will become a record of words you have needed. When you have looked up a word three times, it's time for that word to become a part of your active vocabulary. Give it special attentions until you are comfortable using it.

4. Personalize your published word list
This only applies if you decide to use a published word list. First, mark out all the words that you have never seen before and all the words you already use. Those left will be the vaguely familiar words you have seen before and may need to see again at some time in the future.

5. Use and reinforce a few new words every day
It has been estimated that your must use a new word ten times before it becomes "yours" and you feel comfortable using it.

6. Make flash cards
Write the word and sentence (context) in which you found it on the front of the card; write the definitions and another sentence which is meaningful to you on the back. Look through the cards (both back and front) and test yourself at odd moments during the day (while standing in the grocery store line, doing mindless chores or waiting between classes)

7. Read often and regularly
The best way to experience new words and become comfortable with them is to see how other skilled writers use them. Read from a variety of subjects, authors, and publications.

Improving Passive Vocabulary

Passive vocabulary is used to understand and comprehend what we read from context clues and inferences, whereas Active vocabulary is used to express our thoughts and ideas.

You can easily develop a personalized list of words you want to learn to use, maybe
Just one or two each day.

Here are four steps for improving your passive vocabulary:
1. Become familiar with common word parts
Common word parts include prefixes, roots/stems, and suffixes. Becoming familiar with these parts will enhance your chances or making better educated guesses about the meanings of unknown words you hear and read. A bound word part is one that is not an independent word.

This part can not stand alone in a sentence. An unbound word part is one that is an independent word. This word part can stand alone in a sentence.

Prefix - A bound form, one that is not an independent word, placed before another word or bound form to change its meaning. Prefixes include be, counter, dis, hyper, ad, sub, anti, pre, pro, etc.

Roots/Stem - The part of the word around the prefix and suffix. It can be bound and unbound.

Suffix - A bound form added to the end of a word or another bound form. Inflectional
suffixes indicate such meanings as "plural" or "past tense". Derivational suffixes usually
change the part-of-speech category of the words to which they are attached. Suffixes
include ly, ble, ize, ise, yse, yze, our, ic, ac, etc.

2.Use clues in the context
Use clues in the context to help you guess the meaning of unfamiliar words. In other words, use what you already know. Is the word similar to one you already know? There are fewer than 100 major prefixes, which, alone with the context clues, help you to infer meaning from unfamiliar words.

3. Look for examples to illustrate an unfamiliar word
Are there details later in the paragraph, which reflect the meaning of the unknown word?

4. Try
You should perform all of the above steps before interrupting your concentration for
a trip to the dictionary. When you do use a dictionary, take particular care to locate
a definition appropriate to the context in which you found the word.

source: Sorry, it completely slipped my mind.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 16:29

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 40
MP : 5 / 1823
EXP : 62
when i learn chinese words for the first time this is how i try to organize things, it should work for learning english as well:

1. take the list of vocabulary and make flash cards
2. divide the flash cards into groups of four
3. after learning each group of four individually, combine the groups of four into groups of eight, then sixteen, etc, etc, until the entire list of vocabulary is one stack of cards
4. once you can complete the entire stack without any errors, you should have the words pretty well memorized
5. review your flash cards every week or so to keep the words fresh in your head, especially before exams

i hope this helps - i used this method for all of my chinese vocabulary tests in school and kept a 3.9 GPA

Posted on: 2008/12/15 8:23

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.