Home Blog Chatroom Forum News Gallery Poll FAQs Calendar LifeType Blog Links
Sunday, May 19, 2024
The system will shut down at 2100 UTC and come back online around 2230 UTC.
Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
All messages are logged in the chatroom?

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tips For Students Wanting To Go To College
Home away from home
From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 568
MP : 227 / 30447
EXP : 75
Tips

Begin to understand why you are going to college in the first place. What do you want out of this experience?

Don’t be influenced by your classmates’ choices. Yours will be different! Be your own person in this important decision.

Take your time. You want to know why you select the list of colleges to which you apply. Identify the characteristics that you need for four successful, happy and productive years in college.

Instead of asking yourself, "Am I good enough for this college?" ask, "Is this college good enough for me?"

Allow both your strengths and your weaknesses to direct you in your search for a strong college match.

It’s never too late to change patterns in school. Put your best effort forward now!

Posted on: 2006/8/14 7:39
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Tips For Students Wanting To Go To College
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20468
EXP : 51
i'd not pick up college if i were given another chance to choose. it's not an exciting place at all and i just feel that
the 4 best years of my life has faded away. every day on campus is just idlness and i'm really ashamed of myself. wasting life away can never be acceptable.

but now i'm trying to make up for my idling days.

Posted on: 2006/8/14 8:37

Home away from home
From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
I am sorry to hear your not happy with the college you attended, but Rony did you get the education that you were trying to achieve? That is the most important thing about attending college. Rony there are schools that are exciting and fun to go to but they may not be if you party to much and get bad grades even if they are a great academic college.

Rony never think of college as a waste of time if you got your education. You never waste time when you learn Rony.

EastCoast

Posted on: 2006/8/14 10:54

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 12282
EXP : 40
Well I hold a different opinion.Being a college student gives one a certain identity which is obtained through lots of hard work, esp when the college applied for is a pretty good one.Years spent in college can not be a waste of time if one makes the best use of it...but i know some ppl dont think so.....as for me...college life makes me more and more aware of what i am and what kind of life i want to live in the future....sometimes it seems im relearning lots of things,in a different way though....anyway, try to enjoy more...:)

Posted on: 2006/8/14 11:25

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20468
EXP : 51
dave, it's not fair to say that i've learned nth in these college days, but the problem is that what i've learned is still way far away from what i thought it'd give me. i thought there'd be many academic masters on campus, and i could discuss all kinds of issues with them, but no master at all. it's the bad atmosphere that disappoints me.

the postive side: i thought i was MR all-know when in high school, but now, i know i am MR innocence and there r too many things i should learn. that's the difference.

green, once again, we r poles apart. u know how much i wanna stand closer to u?

Posted on: 2006/8/14 16:01

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 12282
EXP : 40
Ron, I understand how you feel about college life. The disappointment might be due to your previous high expectation on what and how much one can learn during the four years spent in college. You sounded like a perfectionist when depicting the ideal college education, academic masters, heated discussions,etc.:) I don’t know if you are satisfied with the hardware and the faculties in your college, but seems everyone has such kind of complaint. You know what? A friend of mine felt frustrated to study in Nanjing University =.= I was told more than once that life is tough especially when you leave the ivory tower and step into society. I bet you will miss the pure and carefree college days in some years.
CHEER UP!! @.~

Posted on: 2006/8/14 17:27

Home away from home
From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
I think that everyone who has attended college has missed the good times they once had. I remember back when I attended college...... ok ok so it was along time ago and the dinosaurs where running things

I do remember so many good times, but I also remember the stress of study and the pressure that it put on all those around me. But we still found time to enjoy to moment and to get into trouble.. ha ha.

I will never forget those times I had and the friends I made.

EastCoast

Posted on: 2006/8/14 23:55

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 4
HP : 0 / 78
MP : 9 / 4066
EXP : 12
Langreen, your English is not bad....