Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
How to upload pictures

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Letter"G"
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 38
HP : 0 / 935
MP : 738 / 50109
EXP : 43
Hello all dear friends:

We will start a word with letter"G" this week. Do you have any word starting with letter"G" coming up from your mind?

Posted on: 2006/12/30 13:28
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Letter"G"
Guest_
Hi Kathy

The first ‘G’ word from me is GOLDEN RULE.

My duty towards my neighbour is to love him as myself, and to do to all men as I would they should do to me.

Posted on: 2006/12/30 18:22

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 1
HP : 0 / 21
MP : 3 / 1104
EXP : 86
well, the first word that popped into my mind is god.
may god give all of us good luck next year. and may all of us find our happiness in the following year. well, i will pray for all of u, my friend。XOXOXOXO

Posted on: 2006/12/30 18:41

Home away from home
From I'm here
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 15
HP : 0 / 360
MP : 90 / 18692
EXP : 42
wow, the G word.....

Posted on: 2006/12/30 20:05

Home away from home
From Singapore
Group:
Registered Users
Gallery Users
Level : 17
HP : 0 / 421
MP : 122 / 22554
EXP : 86
geography

Many famous geographers and non-geographers have attempted to define the discipline in a few short words. The concept of geography has also changed throughout the ages, making a definition for such a dynamic and all-encompassing subject difficult. With the help of Gregg Wassmansdorf, here are some ideas about geography from throughout the ages:
"The purpose of geography is to provide 'a view of the whole' earth by mapping the location of places." – Ptolemy, 150 CE

"Synoptic discipline synthesizing findings of other sciences through the concept of Raum (area or space)." – Immanuel Kant, c. 1780

"Synthesizing discipline to connect the general with the special through measurement, mapping, and a regional emphasis." – Alexander von Humboldt, 1845

"Man in society and local variations in environment." - Halford Mackinder, 1887

"How environment apparently controls human behavior." - Ellen Semple, c. 1911

"Study of human ecology; adjustment of man to natural surroundings." - Harland Barrows, 1923

"The science concerned with the formulation of the laws governing the spatial distribution of certain features on the surface of the earth." - Fred Schaefer, 1953

"To provide accurate, orderly, and rational description and interpretation of the variable character of the earth surface." - Richard Hartshorne, 1959

"Geography is both science and art" - H.C. Darby, 1962

"To understand the earth as the world of man" - J.O.M. Broek, 1965

"Geography is fundamentally the regional or chorological science of the surface of the earth." - Robert E. Dickinson, 1969

"Study of variations in phenomena from place to place." - Holt-Jensen, 1980

"...concerned with the locational or spatial variation in both physical and human phenomena at the earth's surface" - Martin Kenzer, 1989

"Geography is the study of earth as the home of people" - Yi-Fu Tuan, 1991

"Geography is the study of the patterns and processes of human (built) and environmental (natural) landscapes, where landscapes comprise real (objective) and perceived (subjective) space." - Gregg Wassmansdorf, 1995

from geography.about.com

Posted on: 2006/12/30 20:32

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 28
HP : 0 / 689
MP : 350 / 36018
EXP : 58
gossip

gos·sip (gŏs'əp) n.

1. Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature.

2. A person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts.

3. Trivial, chatty talk or writing.

4. A close friend or companion..

5. Chiefly British. A godparent.

Quotes:

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behaves any of us to find fault with the rest of us. - James Truslow Adams

Gossip is nature's telephone. - Sholom Aleichem

The idea of strictly minding our own business is moldy rubbish. Who could be so selfish? - Myrtle Barker

Vilify, Vilify, some of it will always stick. - Pierre De Beaumarchais

He who hunts for flowers will finds flowers; and he who loves weeds will find weeds. - Henry Ward Beecher

With well doing you may put to silence foolish men. - Bible

Where no wood is, the fire goes out; so where there is no tale bearer, the strife ceaseth. - Bible

http://www.answers.com/gossip

Posted on: 2006/12/31 15:00

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 28
HP : 0 / 689
MP : 350 / 36018
EXP : 58
Definition of gossip: Idle, often sensational and groundless talk about others: gossipry, hearsay, report, rumor, talebearing, tattle, tittle-tattle, word. Slang scuttlebutt.

Bible: With well doing you may put to silence foolish men.

As surely as a wind from the north brings rain, so a gossiping tongue causes anger! Proverbs 25:23

A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends. Proverbs 16:28

A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret. Proverbs 11:13

Don't speak evil against each other, my dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize each

other and condemn each other, then you are criticizing and condemning God's law. But

you are not a judge who can decide whether the law is right or wrong. Your job is to

obey it. God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone has the

power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor? James 4:11-12

Quotes Concernig Gossip:

He who hunts for flowers will finds flowers; and he who loves weeds will find weeds. - Henry Ward Beecher

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behaves any of us to find fault with the rest of us. - James Truslow Adams

Conversation is an exercise of the mind; gossip is merely an exercise of the tongue. Unknown Source

A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip. Billy Graham.

So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. Will Rogers

While gossip among women is universally ridiculed as low and trivial, gossip among men, especially if it is about women, is called theory, or idea, or fact. Andrea Dworkin

Gossip is a sort of smoke that comes from the dirty tobacco-pipes of those who diffuse it: it proves nothing but the bad taste of the smoker. George Eliot

Gossip is only the lack of a worthy memory. Hubbard, Elbert

A gossip is one who talks to you about others; a bore is one who talks to you about himself; and a brilliant conversationalist is one who talks to you about yourself. Lisa Kirk

No one gossips about other people's secret virtues. Russell, Bertrand

When of a gossiping circle it was asked, What are they doing? The answer was, Swapping lies. Sheridan, Richard Brinsley

Gossip is sometimes referred to as halitosis of the mind. Unknown, Source

Public opinion contains all kinds of falsity and truth, but it takes a great man to find the truth in it. The great man of the age is the one who can put into words the will of his age, tell his age what its will is, and accomplish it. What he does is the heart and the essence of his age, he actualizes his age. The man who lacks sense enough to despise public opinion expressed in gossip will never do anything great. Hegel, Georg

Proverbs:

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you. Italian Proverb

Lying and gossiping go hand in hand. Spanish Proverb

Did you ever expect people to be bigger than they really are? Sometimes you can't expect that even in the work place.

What kind of people gossip? Dr. Dale A. Robbins In reality, the gossip is not sincerely concerned about solving the problem, only in talking about it -- stirring it up. “A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends” (Prov. 16:28). A gossip thrives on the negative, the controversial, and the sensational. Any person who is genuinely concerned about solving a problem, will go and privately confront the person at the source and express their concern.

Gossip Backbiting and Jealousy In Romans 1:29-31 we see that malice, gossip and slander are listed with murder and haters of God. We need to remind ourselves of how God views these sins. They're not just personality defects or bad habits. They are deadly, awful, despicable sins. The Bible couldn't be clearer on this point.

Raisin3d's Blog
http://www.geocities.com/electricnetmail/

Posted on: 2006/12/31 15:48

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 10
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 12273
EXP : 40
green

This word came to my mind in no time....in my eyes,the color green stands for endless hope which motivates ppl to move on....:)

Posted on: 2007/1/1 0:22

Not too shy to talk
From Hsin Chu
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 4
HP : 0 / 80
MP : 10 / 4096
EXP : 22
A 'Girl Friend' is exactly what I want.
Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2007/1/1 10:40

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 32
HP : 0 / 782
MP : 472 / 40116
EXP : 28
Let's share some American slangs starting with "G". Do tell us how many of them do you know without looking them up in dicts or via internet.

golden handcuffs
golden parachute/handshake
goody two-shoes
G-ride
goombah (goombar; gumba; gumbah)
goose-drownder
gyppo (jippo)
good golly Miss Molly
glass ceiling
garlic-burner
glad-hander
GKW

(Will post their respective definitions shortly. Have fun!)

Posted on: 2007/1/1 15:45

(1) 2 »

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.