Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
You can click Post on the lower right side of the Newest Posts block to see all the posts chronologically.

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

First Face Transplant 首例面部移植手术
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 38
HP : 0 / 935
MP : 738 / 50124
EXP : 43
First Face Transplant 首例面部移植手术
New Face and a New Life 新面孔,新人生

Can you imagine being savagely attacked by a dog? What if the attack was so severe that your nose, lips and chin were completely destroyed? How would you feel about yourself? Would you be able to look at yourself in the mirror? And how do you think other people would treat you?
Isabelle Dinoire is someone who can answer all of these questions honestly and openly.

Last November Isabelle was attacked and mauled by her own dog. The attack was so severe that her lower face was damaged, it seemed, almost beyond repair. She was rushed to hospital and became the first person ever to have a face transplant.

With such severe injuries doctors offered Isabelle little hope that they would be able to repair the damage to her face using conventional surgery.

Shortly after being admitted, she came to the attention of Dr Bernard Devauchelle who, unlike other surgeons, believed there was an alternative: "We found ourselves saying, yes, it's clear this woman needs a transplant," he said.

Two days after the operation she saw her face in the mirror for the first time. She said "I was scared to look at myself, but when I did it was already marvellous and I couldn't believe it. I thought it would be blue and swollen but it was already beautiful."

Now, less than a year after her 15 hour operation, she’s trying to rebuild her life and there is no doubt how she feels about her new face: "I have been saved. Lots of people write saying that I need to go on, that it's wonderful. It's a miracle somehow."

Although there were ethical questions raised about their decision to carry out the procedure, the doctors who operated on Isabelle are quick to defend their decision.

One of them said "Was it possible for her to live without a face? It's easy to say we shouldn't have done the operation, but her life has changed, she goes shopping, goes on holiday, she lives again."

savagely attacked
野蛮地袭击
destroyed
被毁
treat
对待
mauled
(被)伤害
conventional surgery
传统的外科疗法
blue and swollen
青肿
need to go on
继续下去
ethical questions raised
引发了伦理方面的疑问
operated on
给…做手术
to live without a face
没有面容的生活
severe
严重的
feel about yourself
自己感觉(如何)
honestly and openly
诚恳地并公开地
beyond repair
无法医复
marvellous
绝妙的;了不起的
rebuild her life
重建新生
a miracle
一个奇迹
to carry out
执行
are quick to defend their decision
马上为他们的决定做辩护
It's easy to say
说起来容易

http://www.bbc.co.uk/china/learningenglish/takeawayenglish/tae/2006/10/061018_face_transplant.shtml

Posted on: 2006/10/21 21:23
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: First Face Transplant 首例面部移植手术
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20458
EXP : 51
dogs have always been considered as man's most intimate friends, but sometimes they are really not that friendly.

my dog bit me in the ankle when i was 4 and a scar left, my mom told me i was given so many injections that any man in white shirt would scare me away and make me cry because,in my eyes, he looked like a doctor who's always wearing a white robe

Posted on: 2006/10/24 13:50

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 28
HP : 0 / 689
MP : 350 / 36034
EXP : 58
Rony,

Will you be scared away by a pretty nurse in white dress?

Posted on: 2006/10/24 22:42

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20458
EXP : 51
Elin,

things are reversed now, I'm not scared away by a nurse in white gown now, but i guess she'd be scared away by me .
every dog has its own day

Posted on: 2006/10/26 17:07

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.