Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
You can click Post on the lower right side of the Newest Posts block to see all the posts chronologically.

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NO RHYME OR REASON (Part Three - The Fisherman Story)
Guest_
Forgiveness is the art of reducing ourselves down into “nothingness” and giving up the mind and its psychology for the sake of forgiveness. People have become "old" and have no desire for the "new wine" that would bring them into consciousness. God pardons like a mother, who kisses the offence into everlasting forgetfulness; that when it is out of sight, quickly it is out of mind. It may be very difficult, but try this … the heart is as great as the world, but there is no room to hold the memory of a wrong!

Now here is a wonderful story. But before you read on, I want to remind you of something very important. Never be fooled by the idea of your identity and the "things" that create it. We like to use our minds to make us believe that we are unique and different in both "good" ways and in "bad" ways. But in truth this is simply our illusion. Illusion brings nothing to the mind to "think" about. It brings space and deep emptiness that your ego hates and is afraid of. This is why the story I am about to offer you here look so silly. It reminds me everyday what I am to do with my life.

“ … a fisherman opened a fish shop with a big sign: ’Fresh Fish Sold Here’. The very first day a man came into the shop and read, ‘Fresh Fish Sold Here’. He laughed. "Fresh Fish! Are stale fish sold anywhere? What is the point of writing ‘fresh' fish?" The fisherman decided the man was right; besides. ‘Fresh’ gave the idea of stale to the customers. He deleted ‘Fresh’ from the signboard. The board now read, ‘Fish Sold Here’.

An old lady, visiting the shop the next day, read aloud, "'Fish Sold Here. Do you also sell fish somewhere else?" ‘Here’ was erased. Now the board read, ‘Fish Sold’.

The third day yet another customer came to the shop and said ‘'Fish Sold”, nothing left?" The word ‘Sold’ was deleted. Only ‘Fish’ was left now.

An aged man came and said to the fisherman, "'Fish'? A blind man, even at a distance, could tell from the smell that you carry with it." "Fish" was removed. The board was now blank.

A passer-by asked, "Why a blank board?"

The board was also removed. Nothing remained after the process of elimination; every word had been removed, one by one. And what was left behind? Nothing! Absolutely nothing but emptiness! …”

To be continued ..... Part Four (For No Rhyme Or Reason)

Posted on: 2007/3/21 17:46
Create PDF from Post Print

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.