Select your language (選擇語言)
Login (登入)
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
You can click Post on the lower right side of the Newest Posts block to see all the posts chronologically.

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

DOS Attack
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 1
HP : 0 / 11
MP : 2 / 597
EXP : 47
PRELUDE

Recently, a certain English website in Taiwan was the victim of a DOS attack. For some reason, the owner of this victim site is sure that the attacker was the owner of another English website in Taiwan. I don't want to name any names here... Let's call the victim site Goliath.com.tw (GCT), and its owner Goliath. Goliath has a personal blog which he uses as a platform to launch his accusation to whom he thinks is doing the DOS attacks.

This is where I come in, I posted on his blog trying to hint to him why he was attacked. But he deleted a couple of my posts because I told him the truth about himself, and how he and his staffs mis-treated ex-members on his site, and he could not take it in. I had no other choice but to borrow Tim's site to make one more comment to Mr. Goliath. I know Mr. Goliath will read this because he and his staffs keep an eagle's eye on this website (this information is provided by one of the staff of okenglish.tw), and by the way, their purpose of watching this site is not to learn English.

Mr. Goliath,

It is not me you are hurting when you delete my posts, it is yourself. You are letting the world know what kind of person you really are. Why are you getting DOS attacks? Maybe I can offer you a hint... did you finally pissed off the wrong person? There is nothing wrong with your GCT site, I love it, I love Tim's site too, and a number of English sites in Taiwan as well. But why is it that you are the only one attacked? If you don't know, you can call a GCT steering committee meeting and try to figure it out. By the way, do you have a rocket scientist on your committee, you might need their help to figure this one out.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 1:17
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: DOS Attack
Home away from home
From Taipei
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 27
HP : 0 / 674
MP : 333 / 36050
EXP : 96
Hi Applepie,

Will you mind relaying here those your posts that were deleted by Mr. Goliath? I'm sorry about how you were treated at GCT site.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 18:09

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately Glotynn, the lady boss here has forbidden me to go any further with the website feud. As for the two posts that got deleted, you can use your imagination, I'm sure they would not be too far from the truth.

Posted on: 2007/5/31 23:29

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
SUMMARY

I tried to talk some sense into Mr.Goliath, but I guess like many people before me, the talks fell on deaf ears. It makes no sense for me to try anymore.

I wonder how anyone will want to buy his website now if they get DOS attacks often. If I was him, I'll start another business.

Glotynn, even though lady boss here has stopped me engaging the feud, maybe I can ask you some vocabulary questions.

Posted on: 2007/6/2 2:18

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Tim, Glotynn,

Applepie is back, and I have some news to share with you today. Yesterday, a good friend of mine told me something rather surprising. Let's just call this friend "J" for short. J told me he was browsing the internet, and came upon a website in Taiwan that talks about "SEX". Now that was not the interesting part, but who is the site's administrator was. Hey, I think you should have guessed it by now, the person in question is none other than.... Mr. Goliath himself! Here's a link you can verify for yourselves.

http://sextalk.com.tw/userinfo.php?uid=1

Now this site's been around for about a year and a few months, while Mr. Goliath has always advertised or mentioned other sites that he owned on GCT, I have never saw this one advertised nor heard him mentioned it even once while I was there at GCT.

Is this the skeleton in the closet? Dirty laundry? His dirty little secret? Whatever it maybe, I don't really know, but what I know is this, Mr. Goliath is not what he claims to be. There are some gross discussions on that site, so if you are underage (those of you that are reading this), please don't enter. I wonder if Mr. Goliath is getting his kicks reading those stories at night, anyway, I feel sick now even talking about it.

Tim, Glotynn, what is your take on the subject? Maybe you already know about this, would you like to enlighten me?

Applepie

Posted on: 2008/1/2 2:06

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20421
EXP : 51
thanks for the link

Posted on: 2008/1/2 12:56

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 28
HP : 0 / 689
MP : 350 / 35963
EXP : 58
我覺得公開討論「性」的議題,各自抒發己見或與網友交流訊息並無不妥。如果各位認為該網站有不當的言論,可逕向「台灣網站分級推廣基金會」申訴。

該網站的內容:http://www.sextalk.com.tw/

提示:
【本網站已依台灣網站內容分級規定處理】

主旨:
「談性」SexTalk.com.tw 是個探討兩性關係、性解放、性多元議題與性愛議題的健康網站

公告:
新系統使用上更簡單,功能上更多樣化,希望各位網友會更喜歡。系統升級後的幾件事:

• 由於新系統和舊系統的資料庫的架構不同,所有舊系統的會員必需重新試冊才能使用新系統。因此對會員所造成的不便,我們向您說聲 Sorry! 馬上重新加入會員!

• 徵求版主,我們歡迎身心健康的朋友加入我們版主的行列,邊談性邊維持話題的乾淨!

• 歡參迎大家踴躍參與 SexTalk! 加入會員 now!

• 最後,本網站不是色情網站並已根據「電腦網路內容分級處理辦法」修正條文 第六條第三款規定,已於網站首頁或各該限制級網頁,依台灣網站分級推廣基金會規定作標示。有關「台灣網站內容分級規定」規定的更多資訊請參考: 台灣網站分級推廣基金會( TICRF ) 網站(http://www.ticrf.org.tw)。

Posted on: 2008/1/2 20:33

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 32
EXP : 2
Thanks Applepie for the information. So DTC runs a sex site, no wonder so many people here were screwed by him when they were at his English site. haha

Posted on: 2008/1/2 23:06

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.