Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
RSS can help you get new articles from a site automatically

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What Do I Do If I Am Wait-Listed?
Home away from home
From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 568
MP : 227 / 30306
EXP : 75
What Do I Do If I Am Wait-Listed?

You may find that you are put on a waiting list by a school if you meet their requirements but at this time they have already filled the number of students they can accept to the college. There is a maximum they can take in but there is still a chance you will be accepted if some students decide not to attend that school and go somewhere else.

If you find that you have been wait-listed, you will have to decide if you really want to attend that school before you decide to remain on their waiting list. The college may only give you a few days to decide if you would like to stay on the wait list if a position comes open. If a position is opened and they have sent you a conformation that you have been accepted you will only be given a few days to accept the position, they have other students that may be on this list and they would like the chance to go to that school.

There maybe other problems if you are wait-listed that you might want to be aware of, you should as the school how this will affect on campus housing, and your financial aid package as well as other concerns.

What Can I Do If I Am Wait-Listed?

• If you are put on a wait listed there are something’s that you can do that may give you a better chance of being accepted. You need to take control of your situation if you really want to attend that school. Here are a few things that might help you with this situation.

• Talk to the admissions office and find out what your standing is on the wait list, many schools will be able to tell you where you stand and what your chances might be. You should also be very pleasant with the person you talk to so that they have a good impression of you.

• Call and talk to the admissions office and talk to them about your application and listen because you may find that if you give them some additional information you may move up on the wait list. You would not have been wait-listed if you did not meet their academic requirements, so there is another reason or lack of something you could have said to show the admissions officer that you deserve a chance to attend their college. They may be looking for students that have done community service or who are active in the community or they did not see your recommendations or something that affected you to be placed on the wait list. Now is the time to tell them how much you would like to attend their school.

• You should also show the admissions officers that you are involved in activities now and that you are involved in your community. Even if your not excepted this still looks good to the other colleges.

• You should also take a good look at the schools that accepted you and make a decision as to which one you will go to and send in your deposit and plan to attend that school. You might find that by doing this you take all the stress off you about being wait-listed. Don’t take a chance on being taken off the wait list and being accepted.

• Don’t take a chance that the deadline for accepting another schools offer. You will find that you will be happy that you made this choice.

Posted on: 2007/5/2 3:01
Create PDF from Post Print

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.