Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
How to upload pictures

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Blog comments
Webmaster
From Taipei, 大羅天
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Level : 35
HP : 0 / 856
MP : 589 / 45519
EXP : 24
Those who wish to add a comment to any blog post should be aware that your comment will not appear immediately. Every comment has to be approved by me first before they can appear. The reason behind this is to avoid misuse by spammers.

The following is the note from that section.

Quote:

Please note: Comment moderation is currently enabled so there may be a delay between when you post your comment and when it shows up. Patience is a virtue; there’s no need to resubmit your comment.

Tim

Posted on: 2006/5/9 10:54
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Blog comments
Webmaster
From Taipei, 大羅天
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
This is a reminder for those new to the Wordpress comment part.

Tim

Posted on: 2013/8/18 0:03

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 7
HP : 0 / 155
MP : 23 / 4822
EXP : 21
Quote:

Tim Luo wrote:
Those who wish to add a comment to any blog post should be aware that your comment will not appear immediately. Every comment has to be approved by me first before they can appear. The reason behind this is to avoid misuse by spammers.

The following is the note from that section.

Quote:

Please note: Comment moderation is currently enabled so there may be a delay between when you post your comment and when it shows up. Patience is a virtue; there’s no need to resubmit your comment.

Tim

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply. No wonder our comments did not show up.

My question is why you have to approve all the comments for the other members.

I know your concern and it is important to moderate the comments. However, it is impossible if you have more than a handful of members posting messages every day. You simply do not have the manpower nor ability to handle the moderation if there are hundreds of blog articles being posted.

Why don't you leave that moderation power to the authors themselves? It makes more sense for me to moderate those comments left for me regarding the article I posted, doesn't it? I definitely do not welcome any nasty message geared toward me after my posting, but at least it is up to me, who wrote the article, to make that decision.

I really appreciate that you set up this platform, and I am so happy to discover your web site. I just want it to become more user-friendly.

Julia1492

P.S. BTW, if you don't delay posting moderated messages for the forum, the chatroom, the photos, nor the shoutbox, why do you only do that for the blogs? That does not make sense to me. :)) Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 3:03

Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 565
MP : 224 / 17542
EXP : 61
Maybe I do something incorrctly, but the comments I left more than a day ago are still not displayed...

Posted on: 2013/8/18 4:15

Webmaster
From Taipei, 大羅天
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Quote:

julia1492 wrote:

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply. No wonder our comments did not show up.

My question is why you have to approve all the comments for the other members.

I know your concern and it is important to moderate the comments. However, it is impossible if you have more than a handful of members posting messages every day. You simply do not have the manpower nor ability to handle the moderation if there are hundreds of blog articles being posted.

Why don't you leave that moderation power to the authors themselves? It makes more sense for me to moderate those comments left for me regarding the article I posted, doesn't it? I definitely do not welcome any nasty message geared toward me after my posting, but at least it is up to me, who wrote the article, to make that decision.

I really appreciate that you set up this platform, and I am so happy to discover your web site. I just want it to become more user-friendly.

Julia1492

P.S. BTW, if you don't delay posting moderated messages for the forum, the chatroom, the photos, nor the shoutbox, why do you only do that for the blogs? That does not make sense to me. :)) Thanks.

This system is composed of different modules and the Wordpress module is a very old one with only quite limited options available. There does not seem to have an option for each blog owner to apporove comments made to their articles. This is also why I started the LifeType Blog as it has way more functions.

Tim

Posted on: 2013/8/18 7:12

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.