Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
How to upload pictures

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Why Get a College Degree?
Home away from home
From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 568
MP : 227 / 30375
EXP : 75
Why Get a College Degree?

There are hundreds of reasons to get a college degree, and I truly believe that every student should have a chance to go to college if he or she wishes. I know many students dream of one day going to college and getting an education that will help them toward the career they wish. Sometimes it is hard for a student to go to college because of the need and desire to work and make money, but if after graduating from high school you go on to colleges you will have a much wider variety of jobs to choose from, and you will have a greater chance of advancement where you will earn more money.

If a student goes on to college, he or she will gain so much more information and skills that you will be able to use for the rest of your life, and no matter what career you pursue going to college will enable you to.

• Getting a college education is a true investment into yourself and that will pay you back during your entire lifetime

• Learn skills and knowledge that will benefit you throughout your life

• You will develop new ways of thinking, communication and decision-making skills that will be useful within your chosen career.

• It will help you to understand things clearly when you read or listen to others

• It will help you to open up to those around you and develop social skills.

• It will increase your understanding of the world and community surrounding you

• College will teach you more then you can imagine. You will learn how to study and learn, how to develop new ideas and how to use them.

• You will explore and develop new interest, discover new areas of knowledge, consider lifelong goals and become a well-informed and responsible citizen of your community.

• You will learn what it is to work within a time schedule and more important how to complete projects on time.

These are just some of the benefits of going to college. Don’t let anyone tell you that you cant go to college if you have the desire and are willing to work hard. You maybe thinking to yourself I can’t afford to go to college or no one in my family has ever gone to college or I wish I could but I just don’t have the grades to go. I know there are many reasons some students think that cant go to college but if you want to go and you are willing to do what it takes then there is always a way.

What Going To College Means To You.

Job Opportunities
The world is constantly changing around us. Jobs are requiring more then just a high school education and many are and may require specialized study. You can just look around you and see that companies require a college education even for jobs that a few years ago could be filled by high school graduates. In today’s world and in the future more and more jobs will require a college education and those students that go on beyond high school will find they have many more options for a career.

Earn More Money
Graduates who graduate from college will usually earn more money then a person who only graduates from high school. The students that go on to graduate from college will find that they can grow within a company and earn substantially more then those who do not go on to college.

Why Students May Not Go To College
There are many students that are unsure about going to college, there are many reasons they may not go on to college. But if you really think about it, there is no reason for you to give up your dreams.

1. I Can Not Afford To Go To College: Every year we hear this from students because they do not realize that there are ways to get the money to go to school. Most students can do not know that there are financial aid programs based on their need and the less they have the more the need is. .

2. I Do Not Have Any Real Career Goals: Many students in high school have know real idea of what they want to study and what career they want to pursue. That is where college can help you; college gives you the opportunity to learn about what kind of careers are out there and what you have personal interest in. Many students will change their minds about their major and their career during college,

3. I Don’t Think I Can Make It In College: Most students that think this way because they had to work very hard in high school to get moderate or good grades. It is true that college is harder and does get harder every year, but have you ever heard the saying “ Nothing truly good comes easy” well it is true college is not easy but if you want a good education and a chance at a good career then you must work hard to achieve it.

4. I Don’t Think I Will Fit Into College: I know you maybe thinking that you cant fit into the college crowd, but the truth is there are many students just like you in college and all they had to do is take a chance. You will find out it is really easy to fit into college once you open up to those around you. The most important part of fitting in is to find a school that you feel comfortable attending, maybe joining clubs or activities at the school will help you find good friends who you can socialize and study with.

5. No One In My Family Has Ever Attended College: Maybe this is true and your family is telling you that college is not important. But if college is important to you then you need to tell your family why going to college is important to you. Explain what you can accomplish with a degree and the career you wish to pursue. Being the first to go to college can be hard but one day your family will see what it has done for you and what it can do for future generations.

6. I Think I Want To Go But: If you are not sure about going to college or what your major is, maybe you should consider a community college. Community colleges can provide you with a good education plus it can give you time to figure out what you want to major in at a 4 year college

The most obvious advantage to go to college concerns career opportunities and income. Statistically speaking, education and income levels are linked; meaning the better educated you are, the better job and income you will receive.

There is another reason to consider and that is when a person has a college education his or her opportunities of career advancement are enhanced. With out a college degree, many promotional opportunities are simply not available to you. So you can now see why many do decide to get a college degree and those reasons are job opportunities, promotion, and social standing within the community.

Posted on: 2007/3/29 8:58
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Why Get a College Degree?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20418
EXP : 51
y attend college? i've been thinking about this question these days. it's not fair if i say i've learned nth in these 4 years, but i'd be lying if i say i got many benefits here. honestly, i kinda regret that i chose college, maybe this feeling comes just because my college sucks? i thought about dropout in my junior year cuz i felt that i was wasting time, but i had no guts.

given one more chance, i'd still choose college, but it's another college. society is the biggest and best college.

Posted on: 2007/3/30 12:45
Create PDF from Post Print

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.