Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
How to upload pictures

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

訂正 (grammar errors)
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 2
HP : 0 / 28
MP : 3 / 1396
EXP : 12
This study is restricted by the following limitations. First, the researcher and the instructors should ask their students to do the evaluation activity in classes and it can achieve the effectiveness of synchronous and asynchronous. Second, if all the students participate in the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT) designed by The Language Training and Testing Center (LTTC), the standard of grade on their English proficiency tests will be in agreement. Third, if students have peer-evaluation training, they will easy to understand how to conduct the evaluation activity.

According to the results of this study, the researcher proposes several pedagogical implications for English teachers’ teaching and students’ learning and hopes that they can be helpful. First, the E-mail and Instant Messenger (IM) approach to English as a Foreign Language (EFL) writing classes have effects on development of participants’ language skill. With E-mail and IM communication, the computer network technology provides the students with various learning environment and collaborative interaction. Second, after online peer-evaluation, the scores of the students’ final drafts are significant improved when comparing their second drafts. It indicates that evaluation activity really helps students in composing better writing. Third, the usage of communication model is a kind of learning mechanism. Students can interact with their peers who have the same ability, experience, and concept during the mechanism of collaborative learning.

Posted on: 2007/5/10 15:39
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Please! Please! (grammar errors)
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 3
HP : 0 / 63
MP : 7 / 3353
EXP : 52
Hmm let me take the first stab at it, but i am sure i won't nail every grammatical detail here...hehe i love violent analogies.

ginny wrote:
This study is restricted by the following limitations.(<---grammatically correct, but how about this: "The following limitations apply to this study.") First, the researchers and the instructors should ask their students to do the evaluation activity in class.es and it can achieve the effectiveness of synchronous and asynchronous.(<---I don't understand what this means.) Second, if all the students participate in the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT) designed by The Language Training and Testing Center (LTTC), the standard of grade on their English proficiency tests will be in agreement.(<---how about this: "their English proficiency levels can be better evaluated.") Third, if students have peer-evaluation training, it will be easier for them they will easy to understand how to conduct the evaluation activity.

According to the results of this study, the researcher proposes several pedagogical implications for English teachers’ teaching and students’ learning and hopes that they can be helpful.(<---how about this: "The objective of this study is to propose ways to improve the effectiveness of teaching English for teachers and learning English for students.")

First, taking the E-mail and Instant Messenger (IM) approach to teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) in writing classes have has proven effective in improving effects on development of participants’ language skills.

With E-mail, and IM communication, and other the computer network technologyise provides the students with various learning environments and collaborative interaction.

Second, after online peer-evaluation, the scores of the students’ final drafts are significantly improved when comparing compared to their second drafts. It indicates that evaluation activity really helps students in composing better writings. Third, the usage use of communication model is as a kind of learning mechanism allow students to Students can interact with their peers who have the same ability, experience, and concept during the mechanism of collaborative learning session.

Posted on: 2007/5/13 9:18

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

enigma 寫道:
Hmm let me take the first stab at it, but i am sure i won't nail every grammatical detail here...hehe i love violent analogies.

Second, after online peer-evaluation, the scores of the students’ final drafts are significantly improved when <strike>comparing</strike> compared to their second drafts.

請問一下為什麼要用when compared to their second drafts....為啥不行用comparing ????
thanks!

Posted on: 2007/5/13 10:09

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ginny wrote:
Quote:

enigma 寫道:

Second, after online peer-evaluation, the scores of the students’ final drafts are significantly improved when <strike>comparing</strike> compared to their second drafts.

請問一下為什麼要用when compared to their second drafts....為啥不行用comparing ????
thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if you use "comparing", you are actually saying 分數 (scores) 它們自己會互相比較.這樣不是很可怕嗎? :D 用 compared 意思是分數它們是被比較,用被動語氣. Could any epxert here confirm my answer. Thanks.

Posted on: 2007/5/13 15:58

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 16
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 104 / 20309
EXP : 51
enigma, i'm not being any expert but just a pupil. u mind if i am on ur side?

Posted on: 2007/5/13 19:00

Home away from home
From Taipei
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 27
HP : 0 / 674
MP : 333 / 35856
EXP : 96
Enigma is right.

when compared to
= when (the scores are) compared to
= when (they are) compared to

Third, the use of communication model as a kind of learning mechanism allow students to interact with their peers who have the same ability, experience, and concept during the collaborative learning session.

allow --> allows

Posted on: 2007/5/13 19:23

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
不好意思!!我再請問一下喔!!!
the usage of ........的用法等同於 the use of嗎????

Posted on: 2007/5/13 20:53

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ginny wrote:
不好意思!!我再請問一下喔!!!
the usage of ........的用法等同於 the use of嗎????

—Usage note
The nouns usage and use are related in origin and meaning and to some extent overlap in their use. Usage usually refers to habitual or customary practices or procedures: Some usages of the Anglican Church are similar to those of the Roman Catholic Church. It is also commonly used in reference to language practices: English usage is divided in the pronunciation of aunt. Use refers to the act of using or employing (something): She put her extra money to good use. Perhaps in the belief that it is the more impressive term, usage is sometimes used where use would be more natural: Has your usage of a personal computer made the work any easier?

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Posted on: 2007/5/14 6:54

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks a lot!!!
It's really helpful.