Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
RSS can help you get new articles from a site automatically

Who's Online (誰在線上)
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

My correction for autobiography
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 1
HP : 0 / 8
MP : 1 / 426
EXP : 34
Hellow,I am very glad to see you guys advices and suggestions and greatly appreciate for you guy's passionate help.
You know, I took the autobiography to my English over a week ago,but she hasn't given me any respond so far. Maybe she was busy and forgot it. But I don't care.
The following is my correction and I hope it will be better. By the way,my extracurricular activities would not be changed because I think it really did a great amount influence on me.
In addition,I hope after you see my correction, you can give me more advices and I don't mind the comments. The only thing I want is to be better.

My Background
On the appearance, I am like most senior high students .I take school work seriously and always do my best; however, I have dreams and goals in the future that I am determined to carry out.
My name is Hsu Hui-Min. I was born in Kaohsiung city. Kaohsiung is a port city in Southern Taiwan. It has been my childhood dream to sail to many ports to meet different people and experiences various lifestyles. Therefore, I am determined to study English to become a global citizen to communicate with entire world and travel around the world.
Since I was born in a Christian family, my parents have educated me in a special way and had a great influence on me. They play a very important role in the process of forming my character. My parents’ decent behavior teaches me how to conduct myself well.
My mother, who always takes good care of me and helps me pass through hardship, always gives me a lot of opportunities to learn what I want to learn. Since I was a child, I have been looking for my interests and my abilities for a long time. So far I have ever learned many things, such as playing clarinet in my school’s band, playing piano, dancing, drawing, swimming, learning English, etc. Although now I am just good at some of them, it’s enough for me. Thanks to my Mom, she has never refused me to learn something I want. We are not rich, so I would worry about the charges for tuition. However, she told me that if I learn them well just as one of property in my brain, no one can take out of them forever and what she can only leave to me is nothing but knowledge. As a result, I must do my best in accordance with her expectation. My father is not just my teacher but also my best friend. He always shares his rich experiences and colorful childhood memories with me. These help me learn a lot. I follow their examples, so my dealing is honest and fair. Also, my parents often instill healthy ideas about life in me. Thanks to their guidance, I have a correct attitude toward my life, and I can look at things in perspective.
As to my elder sister, she affects me to be an independent girl. Whenever I had problems and troubles, I would do my best to solve them before asking others for help. Therefore, I can deal with most of the problems in my daily life. My brother is younger than me by seven years, so that I have the chance to be his teacher and tutor him. Meanwhile, I found teaching is not an easy job and the field is worthy studying as well in the future.
 My Personality
1.Optimistic: I always look on the bright side. Even when I came across setbacks, I would tell myself:“It’s just a small trouble in my life. I should solve it, and then keep going on.”
2.Considerate: I always think of others’ feeling.
3.Easy-going: I always try to make other feel comfortable.
4.Independent: I will do my best before asking others for help.
5.Introspective: I like to consider and observe people and things around me. Besides, I am sensitive and like to meditate.

 My Studying Experiences
Since I was a child, out of my curiosity, any new language aroused my interest. Besides, my English teachers always taught us with pleasure, which made me love English further.
When I entered junior high school, thanks to my English teachers’ considerate teaching, I almost did perfectly at my English tests. As a result, they gave me full confidence and built a firm foundation for me as a stepping stone to my learning English at senior high school.
My English ability has improved a lot since I was a senior high school student. I have come across many English teachers of different styles and have learned a plenty of things from each one. Some taught us how to enjoy a music opera, some introduced famous literatures to us and some strengthened our Basic English abilities.
In addition, I joined our school’s “English Studying Club”, which was led by practical teachers. They always arranged a lot of different kind of courses for us in order to let us more realize the English Department and train our listening, speaking and reading and comprehension abilities.
I have taken part in lots of class and club activities; I have learned how to cooperate with fellow students. I consider myself responsible in performing my duties, and I am always happy to be able to help others.

 Extracurricular activities
I usually spent my leisure time joining our church’s “Advanced English Bible Studying Fellowship”, which is taught by an American missionary, Marianne Lambert. We sang songs, played games, shared our feeling, asked some questions, had food, and discussed Bible’s parables. All in English, I also train my listening and oral abilities at the same time.
I found it is really interesting to “discover” the great Bible. Many times when I read the Bible as a story or a literature, I cannot see the real word behind the words. Much to my surprise, by her teaching, in totally different eyesight, I can see more clearly.
Besides, I have really gained a lot of significant meanings from this fellowship and I was appreciated for her help to improve my oral ability.

 Motivation
I have a relative who lives in Taipei and their children all study in American school. Every time I met them, I admired their English very much, which also motivated me to sharpen up my English.
I prefer learning English naturally and regard it as one part of our daily lives. In my leisure time, I like to watch HBO or some other foreign movies, read magazines or famous literature and listen to the redio-4U magazines, landmark and Bilingual Weekly. Although I sometimes felt frustrated when failing to read or listen to them, I never gave up. However, it quite a good way to improve my English listening skill by watch HBO or Discovery, etc. I am ambitious and always do my best to achieve goals.

 My studying plan
According to your homepage, the Department’s curriculum aims to achieve two goals: first, to enhance its students’ overall English ability and second, to educate them to become professional and competent English teachers at elementary schools.

1. My short term goal:

As far as I am concerned, first of all, besides improving my English abilities, including listening, speaking, reading and writing, I will learn other languages, such as Japanese or Spanish. Also, I will improve my basic computer technique and I think it is useful in the future, especially in this modern times. In addition, I will read some famous literature cursorily in my leisure time.

2. My mid term goal:

I will keep on learning my second language and do my best to adapt a whole new life in the university.
Under the goals of the department, you focus attention on combining theory and practice. First, I will join different clubs or fellowship. They not only enable me to contact with various people from different place but also enable me to exchange our thinking or share our special experiences with each other. Meanwhile, by communication, I can enrich my eyesight and broaden my horizons, which may benefit my learning enormously.

3. My long term goal:

One of the goals of the department is to provide students with basic training in other fields, such as translation, interpretation, business, tourism, etc. These will assist them to be more adaptive to and competitive in their future job search.
I will sharpen up my abilities and knowledge to be more advanced and more professional. In addition, I will make best use of the school’s abundant resources wisely and more frequently; these include good professors with rich experiences, a variety of software equipments, etc.
I hope in the near future when I enter this school, I can lead a challenging life fulfilled with flavor and excitement. As a matter of fact, I look forward to being a master in this field very much. By the way, I know two very meaningful proverbs “More haste, less speed.” and “Slow and steady wins the race.” And it also needs perseverance and compassion for me to master successfully in this field. In short, I want to study abroad to take the unknown challenges lying ahead and be a professor, a teacher or a simultaneous translator in this field.

Posted on: 2007/3/31 11:41
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: My correction for autobiography
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
Level : 38
HP : 0 / 935
MP : 738 / 50049
EXP : 43
Hello Shannon:
Go GO GO

Shanon:第一次 post 的link.
Bo BO goe has given her some suggestions and Uncle Glot has corrected part of paragraph for her,too.

http://okenglish.tw/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1751&forum=31

Posted on: 2007/4/1 13:56
Create PDF from Post Print

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.