Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu (主選單)
Did you know ?
RSS can help you get new articles from a site automatically

Who's Online (誰在線上)
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing CBB)

Members: 0
Guests: 2

more...
Search(搜尋)
Themes (版面風格)

(4 themes)

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Beirut Jam Sessions - The Wanton Bishops & Oak - On the road again (cover)
Guest_
Like that old song and those guys ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0WjLLUu1M8

... yes, soon will be on the road again ~~~~

Posted on: 2014/5/13 4:33
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Beirut Jam Sessions - The Wanton Bishops & Oak - On the road again (cover)
Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 23
HP : 0 / 565
MP : 224 / 17913
EXP : 61

A good way of life!...

Posted on: 2014/5/13 19:42

Guest_
Hi Dashushu ...

By accident I discovered this morning a writer from your home country - Ernő Szép.

I just have started to read "Ádámcsutka" (1935) ... great stuff!

Never ever read something so beautiful before ... about a kiss on the hand ...

http://www.ungarische-literatur.eu/?p=1156

http://www.hunlit.hu/szeperno,en

I am still on my retro-trip ...

Posted on: 2014/5/17 21:55

Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Retro-trip! Great, Dagege!

I only read his diary. It is more than interesting. For some months he described nothing else but the park in front of his flat. What the heck is that? - someone could ask. Funnny answer: it was written in the autumn of 1919, when the whites got to power. So the whole diary is about his depression...

His name "szép" means "pretty", or "nice" - a speaking name.

You are great, Dagege!

Posted on: 2014/5/20 3:57

Guest_
Hmm, ... no wonder, that 1919 he decided to run away to Vienna for two years ...

... survived with a Jewish background only by accident WWII ...

... and 1949 he even got kicked out of the writers' union in Hungary ... this time by the "communists" ...

I guess, that I would be not only depressed after that all ~~~~~

Quote:

montanius wrote:
Retro-trip! Great, Dagege!

I only read his diary. It is more than interesting. For some months he described nothing else but the park in front of his flat. What the heck is that? - someone could ask. Funnny answer: it was written in the autumn of 1919, when the whites got to power. So the whole diary is about his depression...

His name "szép" means "pretty", or "nice" - a speaking name.

You are great, Dagege!

Posted on: 2014/5/21 0:19

Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Well, Dagege, I don't think there may be any new for you. This is a typical East-Europian story. It happened to many people here, and I fear we are getting back to this method...

Last weekend I met writers and after a time it become clear that they are all left sided. I would say I am liberal, and I told them I'd like to publish only in non-political papers. They said there are no such ones... In vain I make efforts to keep myself away from any side, people will classify me. - Anyway, I wrote a short story (maybe I mentioned it?), it is an anti-racism one, but I fear to publish it: if someone does not sense the refined irony in it, he could interprete it as racist... Literature is dangerous...

Quote:

lericow wrote:
Hmm, ... no wonder, that 1919 he decided to run away to Vienna for two years ...

... and 1949 he even got kicked out of the writers' union in Hungary ... this time by the "communists" ...

Posted on: 2014/5/21 19:54

Guest_
Hi Dahsushu,

I guess I somehow get what you wanted to express ...

I do not understand how anyone can call oneself a political writer.

Somehow, I have the feeling, that in this case something is missing in the "center" of their writing efforts ...like the middle is empty - not created by themselves, their own experience or ... own hunger (... to stay in the existential categories of small sis ... hehehe ... ;))

One can look straight through the construction of their work ... and only feel ... boring ~~~~

Btw, I just discover for myself an interesting guy from the very cold north ... Tomas Espedal.

Look and read here:

http://www.contrarymagazine.com/Contrary/Tomas_Espedal_Tramp.html

... fitting to your own efforts in "walking" ... as I know, you not yet can run ... ;P

Quote:

montanius wrote:
Well, Dagege, I don't think there may be any new for you. This is a typical East-Europian story. It happened to many people here, and I fear we are getting back to this method...

Last weekend I met writers and after a time it become clear that they are all left sided. I would say I am liberal, and I told them I'd like to publish only in non-political papers. They said there are no such ones... In vain I make efforts to keep myself away from any side, people will classify me. - Anyway, I wrote a short story (maybe I mentioned it?), it is an anti-racism one, but I fear to publish it: if someone does not sense the refined irony in it, he could interprete it as racist... Literature is dangerous...

Quote:

lericow wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/24 13:53

Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Your feeling is correct: as I see the situation is not proper for being in the "center". I'm quite sure this is what happens everywhere where economy declines. No matter which side you belong to, even your "comrades" put the pressure on you to shout with them against the opposites...

I'll look after this Espedal, but when I get here I am so tired of doing anything with literature...
(Ahh, I am reading Szép Ernő's books, he is soooo "Budapest-style"! I love the language he uses!

Heyy, I am about to strat to run, hi-hi...

Quote:

lericow wrote:
Hi Dahsushu,

I guess I somehow get what you wanted to express ...

I do not understand how anyone can call oneself a political writer.

Somehow, I have the feeling, that in this case something is missing in the "center" of their writing efforts ...like the middle is empty - not created by themselves, their own experience or ... own hunger (... to stay in the existential categories of small sis ... hehehe ... ;))

One can look straight through the construction of their work ... and only feel ... boring ~~~~

Btw, I just discover for myself an interesting guy from the very cold north ... Tomas Espedal.

Look and read here:

http://www.contrarymagazine.com/Contrary/Tomas_Espedal_Tramp.html

... fitting to your own efforts in "walking" ... as I know, you not yet can run ... ;P

Posted on: 2014/5/26 19:41

Guest_
I find Szép Ernő's style interesting - this on the surface "easy going" approach to his surrounding. But I sure have no way to understand, if his style is Budapest-like or something else ...

I did not run for a long time ... and in the moment one may think, that Noah's idea of building an arch would also not be a total wrong method to survive here the next some days ...

My house already gives you something like an island-feeling ... and around me are the floods ...

But no fear - I have food reserves for some weeks at home ... and books and music ... if I only would not have to go out for doing my job every day ...

Btw, I have the feeling, that Espedal seems to be an interesting guy to read ... but until now I only guess so ... not yet had the opportunity to read a longer text of him.

Posted on: 2014/5/27 3:36

Home away from home
From Hungary
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I think in all languages there are special "sub-divisions", like Melville's English. I knew some old ladies and men who spoke Szép's Hungarian, they all lived in the heart of the city, in the old Jew district - actually even my father often used their expressions too... (I guess Yiddish must be something very interesting for native Germans.)

Hohh! We had heavy rains, but it is clear now. Lovely summer-like weather!

Ok, if you are in real trouble I can send you vegetables from my garden!

Posted on: 2014/5/27 17:20

(1) 2 »

AccountName   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.